Welcome to the City Schools Human Capital (HC) home page. In Human Resources, we are constantly seeking to bring new initiatives that provide better customer service and resources to all employees of City Schools.
The office of Human Capital is here to assist you in the employment process and to serve our existing staff by promoting their personal development and professional growth. The No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 (NCLB), requires that all public school districts hire "Highly Qualified" teachers for its schools. The City Schools is committed to hiring teachers who meet the NCLB definition of a highly qualified teacher and support staff the mission of the Baltimore City Public Schools.
Our goal is to make your experience with Human Capital efficient and productive so that you can focus on enriching the academic careers of our students.
Important Message From Human Capital:
Employees: Report all on-the-job injuries within 48 hours by completing an Employee Incident Report form and going to Mercy Clinic.
Supervisors: Immediately report the injury to Teleprompt by calling 1-877-607-8600.
What's New in HC:
- Baltimore City has experienced record-breaking weather activity. School closings and delays are based on a very specific set of steps. Please read the Inclement Weather Policy for more information on how decisions are made and how it affects your ‘report to work’ status.
- Looking for information on your Benefits? Visit the Office of Benefits Management page located here for more information
- All departments within HC now have its own web pages full of Information to help answer any questions you might have while employed with City Schools
- The New Employee Self Service and Benefits self service is now available for use by all employees. To access the system and for more information Click here
Chief Human Capital Officer - Ms. Shawn Y. Stokes
- Office of Labor Relations - Jerome Jones – Labor Associate
- Office of School Based Recruitment and Staffing
- Substitute Teacher Office
- Office of Non School Based Recruitment and Staffing
- Office of Certification
Support Services Division - Valerie McKenzey, Director
- City Schools Connect
- Office of Benefits Management -Victoria Dailey, Manager of Benefits
- Office of Compensation - Pamela Holland, Manager of Compensation
- Office of Human Capital Information Systems -Leonardo Freyre, Manager of Finance/HCIS
- Office of HC Finance
- Records Management
- Attendance Reliability and Analysis Program
- Professional Teaching Opportunities
- Your Maryland Certificate Information
- Substitute Teaching Opportunities
- Retirement Information
- Personal Data Change Correction Form
Main Contact Information:
Phone Number: 410-396-8885
Hours of Operation: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Baltimore City Public Schools
200 E. North Ave, Room 110
Baltimore, MD 21202